To gain access to services funded by Department of Communities Disability Services, in the first instance please contact the Disabilty Services Intake and Assessment Officer on phone 07 4799 5250.
For further information visit the website www.communities.qld.gov.au/disability
The services funded through Department of Communities are targeted at people who:
- Have a diagnosed mental illness and/or a psychiatric disability
- Are aged between 18-65 years (16-65 years for Recovery Program)
- Live in the Townsville and Nth Qld region
- Want and need support from SOLAS
- Formal diagnosis not required, however functional limitations must arise from a severe mental illness
- Aged 16 years and over
- People who are homeless
- Reside in the postcode areas of 4816, 4820, 4821 and 4822
- Able to fully and actively participate in the community of their choice
Regional Respite Development Program:
- Carers of people with mental illness (any age group) who are living in the identified North Queensland regions - Ingham, Charters Towers, Burdekin district.